Amazon has today launched it’s new support mechanism for charitable organisations and the WSRA has signed up to be a part of it. Access your amazon account via the new https://smile.amazon.co.uk website and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net value of every purchase you make to the WSRA.
How to join in:
- Visit https://smile.amazon.co.uk
- Choose your charity – under ‘pick your own charitable organisation’ type in West Somerset Railway Association and click search
- Select the WSRA when given the option
- Shop via https://smile.amazon.co.uk You will notice that under the search box in your browser it says ‘supporting: West Somerset Railway Association’
- Donation of 0.5% of your net purchase price is made by Amazon to the WSRA.
- Bookmark https://smile.amazon.co.uk for future purchases.
This is a new service and we’re still waiting for marketing materials, logos etc to be made available by Amazon. Using them without specific permission is not an option! The WSRA Organisational Information has been ‘gleaned’ by Amazon and we would hope to be able to update and modify it in due course. However the funds are there and Amazon is ready to donate so please don’t let a few teething issues put you off.